Sunday, May 29, 2011

daylight savings time 2011

daylight savings time 2011. daylight savings time 2011
  • daylight savings time 2011



  • Rocketman
    Oct 2, 10:19 PM
    http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)


    Earlier this summer, Jon joined with Monique Farantzos to create DoubleTwist Ventures, the company face to Jon's recent endeavor. Apparently,

    Having read a few messages in this thread, why doesn't Apple simply BUY Doubletwist. That seems their basis for calling Steve, who didn't give the idea the time of day.

    Doubletwist should make an offer to Apple. Apple might be precluded from even making/initiating the offer for anti-trust reasons. Doubletwist should not go down this road to a vastly inferior consumer experience.

    Rocketman





    daylight savings time 2011. daylight savings time 2011
  • daylight savings time 2011



  • twoodcc
    Sep 12, 12:37 AM
    Here's to a CRAZY Tuesday morning. :D

    i 2nd that. let's hope it's good





    daylight savings time 2011. daylight savings time 2011.
  • daylight savings time 2011.



  • iZac
    Apr 29, 03:27 PM
    Who reads those things anyway...

    sure this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdjUEVEJEhw) has been posted a million times but ...

    (right at the end)





    daylight savings time 2011. Daylight Savings TIme
  • Daylight Savings TIme



  • bastiangatten
    Oct 6, 01:02 PM
    I have tried Verizon. It sucks. Even with the discount I get for working for GM it still sucks. Droped calls all the time. Half the time the conversation cut in and out and both sides would have to repeat their selves. And their customer service sucked too.

    I have had no problems with AT&T and have had great customer service. I think ill keep my network.



    more...


    daylight savings time 2011. Daylight Savings Time Kicks In
  • Daylight Savings Time Kicks In



  • jarednt1
    Sep 8, 12:50 PM
    I'm not refusing to blame the mayor. Him and the governor of Louisiana are complete morons. They're partially to blame for the amount of people who couldn't evacuate before the storm (they made no attempt to help.)

    HOWEVER Bush IS partially to blame for the slow federal response. #1 he elected the FEMA heads, neither of which had any clue how to do their job. #2 all of the needed equipment was in Iraq.

    Unfortunately the real people to blame were the ones who decided to build a city in a bowl next to the ocean. But they're long dead, so thats no fun.

    I've said this many times, EVERYONE ********* up a little (or a lot) during this tragedy.

    Thank You, its nice to know there are some people that are sane. As I say there is plenty of blame to go around.





    daylight savings time 2011. daylight savings time 2011
  • daylight savings time 2011



  • twoodcc
    Aug 15, 12:12 PM
    i bet its pretty close to the other ones? thus the heat.

    well yeah, they are all close together. but only 1 of the cards did that. the others didn't get over 80C



    more...


    daylight savings time 2011. Daylight Savings Time – Spring
  • Daylight Savings Time – Spring



  • bommai
    Oct 17, 09:41 AM
    That comment about not including the burner is interesting, and I'm at least trying to give it some more thoughtful consideration. Who really needs to burn 30 - 50 GB of data? For backup solutions, wouldn't just getting a huge external hard drive be more practical? Portability might be a factor there, but external drives aren't that cumbersome I don't think. I'm thinking that the majority use of those HD media burners would be to copy movies with illicit applications. Could Apple put in place some protection framework that attempted to only allow creative-works-originating software to burn HD discs, (ie, iMovie, iDVD, FinalCut and other pro apps that use full quality, large size files) therefore denying use of a program that takes a quick and dirty imported disc image and burn it to disc, so that you'd have to work around some long and annoying solution to make an illegal copy (ala burning audio CDs in iTunes and reimporting them to strip the DRM) that would deter any easy mass pirating?

    More simply, I'm curious of who out there needs to burn 30 to 50 GB chunks of data, too large for a dual layer DVD to hold, and why.


    If Apple wants to sell a lot of movies online and if the movies eventually become 720p or 1080p, users will need big discs like these to backup their movies. Right now I cannot even backup my iPhoto library into one DVD because it is about 11 GB.





    daylight savings time 2011. Daylight Savings Time?
  • Daylight Savings Time?



  • Atlasland
    Aug 7, 02:25 PM
    Makes them a little more attractive to the penny concious buyer.

    More importantly, cutting price of the current design signals the arrival of a new design in the not-too-distant-future.



    more...


    daylight savings time 2011. daylight savings time 2011
  • daylight savings time 2011



  • Sined
    Apr 10, 06:17 PM
    Are keri and LTD married or do they share a room in an asylum? I'm confused.





    daylight savings time 2011. Time Change 2011: DST on
  • Time Change 2011: DST on



  • Joshuarocks
    Apr 8, 08:27 PM
    There is no beta of Windows 8 yet so it is hard to say. MS can add million new features to make it sound good on paper and then fail it like they did with Vista. In the end, the most important thing is stability. Windows 7 is great and I really hope W8 will take it even further.

    I'd like to see Windows 8 use a Linux kernel underlying the GUI itself.. Microsoft could have some potential, but should not copy from Apple.



    more...


    daylight savings time 2011. Daylight Savings TIme 2011
  • Daylight Savings TIme 2011



  • Octantis
    Apr 4, 12:39 PM
    Another way to go about tracking is via the MAC address. It is unique to your xbox and in theory just a traceable as an ip address. You should probably have it from the earlier logs when the box was near your house. You could go to each Internet service in town and ask if this MAC address is hitting their network.

    Worth a shot.





    daylight savings time 2011. Daylight Savings Time 2011
  • Daylight Savings Time 2011



  • lapeno
    Apr 7, 03:05 AM
    About damn time too...

    http://i54.tinypic.com/5n30z.jpg

    Looking forward to shooting with this new gear...

    Really nice choice!



    more...


    daylight savings time 2011. daylight savings time 2011
  • daylight savings time 2011



  • balamw
    Apr 12, 07:46 AM
    Also Aero Peek,
    control-tab and windows (command key?)-tab offer some cool ways to swap around active applications.

    Aero Peek is definitely one of my favorite features in W7. However I still find Expos�/Spaces to suit my workflow better. I think Aero Snap though, is only a feature because of many apps and users desire to run full screen all the time.

    The price of office is built into the price of the computer, just as the price of iLife is built into the price of a mac - standard accounting practice. You're really not getting iLife for free just like you're not getting office for free.

    Picking a random PC from Best Buy (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Lenovo+-+Laptop+/+Intel%26%23174%3B+Pentium%26%23174%3B+Processor+/+15.6%22+Display+/+2GB+Memory+/+320GB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/1954496.p?id=1218303031767&skuId=1954496). I see:

    Software package included
    With Microsoft Office Starter 2010 (product key card required for activation; sold separately).

    I think it's hard to compare that to iLife. (I realize Office Starter 2010 can do some limited stuff, but it's designed to upsell you on one of the other packages.)

    B





    daylight savings time 2011. daylight savings time spring
  • daylight savings time spring



  • Al Coholic
    May 2, 11:02 AM
    iSteve caves to the likes of Al Franken. Yep. Too Funny.

    Maybe Al can get Apple to put a real GPU back in the MBP13? I'm off to email him. Wish me luck!



    more...


    daylight savings time 2011. daylight savings time 2011
  • daylight savings time 2011



  • cube
    Apr 21, 02:07 PM
    I think that when you vote, all the ratings in the page should be updated, to minimize people mistakenly complaining about the values changing by more than one.

    I also think the votes should be guaranteed private.





    daylight savings time 2011. daylight savings time spring
  • daylight savings time spring



  • chrono1081
    Apr 29, 01:58 PM
    Come on Open GL 3... come to daddy.

    I don't understand why people are panicking about the iPad thing. The iPad has some nice features people enjoyed so they are bringing it to the desktop. Its not like you have to USE those features but if it makes computing more enjoyable why not use it?

    It'll be nice for those of us who do real work on our computers all day long to have some of these conveniences. For some reason though whenever Apple simplifies something people start crying "Apple doesn't care about the pro users anymore!" (Even though in reality of the person were truly a "pro user" they would welcome anything that helps them get their job done more efficiently).



    more...


    daylight savings time 2011. apr Day light saving time
  • apr Day light saving time



  • ericschmerick
    Sep 28, 12:25 PM
    Aperture runs fine on my MBP 15" 2.0ghz. I have 2GB of ram, and I've definitely noticed that it'll use almost all of it. After 1 hr or so of working with images, I've seen it using 1.5GB+ of ram. So I suspect if you're running it with 1GB, you're missing out on some level of performance.

    I agree, the rotate/straighten tool sucks hard. I've found that it's really hard to move the mouse precisely enough, and the click buttons on each side go up/down by 1 degree! Too much for each step.

    I think the thing I love more than anything is not having an intermediate format. Working directly with RAW, and just leaving everything in that format until I'm ready to output, is terrific. I'm not a huge photoshopper, so once an image is sharpened, straightened, and levels adjusted, I'm usually done. So I'm not outputting a TIFF and bouncing into PS much. That might make a big difference in how you think about the value of aperture. I can't even imagine managing a whole separate collection of TIFFs, like I used to, now that I'm working directly with RAW.

    The actual RAW "conversion" (if it can still be called that) and adjustment process, for me, is about the same speed than C1 or PS was. I have iView Pro as well with well over 10,000 images in databases, and it's terrific, but I'm not using it any more.

    EE
    http://www.essersinchina.com/





    daylight savings time 2011. No.1 daylight savings time
  • No.1 daylight savings time



  • vansouza
    Oct 20, 12:10 PM
    After living in the PC world since 1981 I got myself a Mac mini this year; just to keep my iPod 4G in line... XP was always blowing away my music... Then I got a 24" iMac and a 5 and a 5.5G iPod... All that has to help Steve's numbers... so how many Mac users really have more then just one machine?

    How many of us found PCs so perfect that we ran out and got one more... I think there is a very real difference in the user experience...





    daylight savings time 2011. DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME 2011
  • DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME 2011



  • G58
    Apr 5, 05:39 PM
    Not currently available in the UK Store...





    FreeState
    Apr 15, 08:52 PM
    "How do you start a gay computer?"

    Um if it wasn't for a gay man you might not be speaking English and the computer as we know it would likely not exist.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Turing

    Alan Mathison Turing, OBE, FRS ( /ˈtjʊərɪŋ/ TEWR-ing; 23 June 1912*� 7 June 1954), was an English mathematician, logician, cryptanalyst and computer scientist. He was highly influential in the development of computer science, providing a formalization of the concepts of "algorithm" and "computation" with the Turing machine, which played a significant role in the creation of the modern computer.[1]

    During the Second World War, Turing worked for the Government Code and Cypher School at Bletchley Park, Britain's codebreaking centre. For a time he was head of Hut 8, the section responsible for German naval cryptanalysis. He devised a number of techniques for breaking German ciphers, including the method of the bombe, an electromechanical machine that could find settings for the Enigma machine. After the war he worked at the National Physical Laboratory, where he created one of the first designs for a stored-program computer, the ACE.

    Towards the end of his life Turing became interested in mathematical biology. He wrote a paper on the chemical basis of morphogenesis,[2] and he predicted oscillating chemical reactions such as the Belousov�Zhabotinsky reaction, which were first observed in the 1960s.

    Turing's homosexuality resulted in a criminal prosecution in 1952 because homosexual acts were illegal in the United Kingdom at that time, and he accepted treatment with female hormones (chemical castration) as an alternative to prison. He died in 1954, several weeks before his 42nd birthday, from cyanide poisoning. An inquest determined it was suicide; his mother and some others believed his death was accidental. On 10*September following an Internet campaign, British Prime Minister Gordon Brown made an official public apology on behalf of the British government for the way in which Turing was treated after the war.[3]





    hobo.hopkins
    Mar 28, 04:46 PM
    This not so subtle shift is a terrifying glimpse into the future of our beloved OSX.

    That is so crazy it's ridiculous. There is no evidence to support your statement. Mac OS X is not headed towards the "walled garden" universe that everyone seems to freak out over. Apple's just giving people who don't know anything about computers an easy way to purchase and find applications.

    I do agree, however, that by not including applications outside of the Mac App Store Apple is diminishing the value of the award. I believe it is within their right to do so, although I don't like it.





    Calidude
    Apr 16, 04:23 PM
    I can't help but feel that your posts come from way inside the closet. Why do gay people frighten you so?
    It is not gay people that people should be afraid of. It's people who promote homosexuality through media, education, culture, and government that people should be afraid of.

    What if you don't know any role models (e.g. you are poor?)
    Last time I checked, it didn't take material wealth to have good character or to be exposed to it.





    serogers1970
    Mar 24, 06:12 PM
    Wish I had gotten a few shares of stock then!!

    UGH! Don't remind me...
    I had 22 shares at $19. Ex-wife decided we should sell them since it was stagnant for so long.
    It has since doubled and gotten to the $300-whatever that it is today.

    $15k or so lost... No wonder she's an ex!!





    WeegieMac
    Mar 18, 02:55 AM
    But people actually seem to hate Apple because they can't afford their products. Most of them admitted that had the iPhone been cheaper they'd buy one, hence they can't afford it so they are bitter.

    Nail. Hit. On. The. Head.

    In personal experience, most of the Apple "haters" I've known have fallen into the category if they could afford an Apple product, then they wouldn't hate.

    Hating something is easier than openly admitting "I want that but cannot afford it", so by creating a hate figure out of the company/products, it makes it easier for the person to "accept" that they will never own the product they secretly lust after.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    Copyright © 2010 | Shotidave - Digital Magazine